When it comes to your backyard it's amazing how much things can change over time. We have a classic example here where a retaining wall was constructed years ago and was covered quickly by a creeper. One day our clients decided to cut back the creeper, and found that the creeper was all dead and stalky underneath.
Our clients cleaned up all remnants of the creeper and found that they didn't like what was staring back at them, an old retaining wall that they thought looked ugly. Not only was the retaining wall old, it didn't suit the design of the house and surrounding lovely pool area.
Old Retaining Wall
Our clients had two goals:
1. Give their retaining wall a makeover
2. Create something to hide the ugly pool pumps and pipes.
We came up with a solution.
1. Create a retaining wall that was all one height and not jagged like the existing design structure.
2. Hide the pumps and pipes by extending the retaining wall.
3. Give the retaining wall a fresh look that complemented the house by creating a rendered retaining wall look that matched the colour of the house.
A preparation base coat was then added to the blue-board.
After two top coats the rendered retaining wall was complete and looking great!
Finished Rendered Retaining Wall
Learn more about what we do
Stratco Outback Outdoor Living
Outdoor Metal Art